In the food industry, storing food and other perishables at the right temperature spells the difference between business profit and loss. This makes commercial refrigeration Melbourne suppliers and contractors more vital than ever.
Refrigeration comes with several benefits.
- Limits the growth of bacteria.
- Keeps foods fresh for longer.
- Extends the shelf life of foods and perishables.
- Saves money by minimizing food wastage.
It is clear that the industrial refrigeration Melbourne market has is important. Thus, the need to better care for it.
How do you do this exactly?
What You Wished You Knew about Commercial Refrigeration Melbourne
- Schedule regular maintenance
Commercial refrigeration services include maintenance and repair for good reasons. Routine maintenance for any and all refrigeration equipment helps contractors and technicians spot developing problems and fix them right away.
The sooner an issue is resolved, the lesser the possibility of the problem escalating into a full-blown, expensive problem. This will spare your inventory from taking a big hit where repair costs are concerned. Visit NKS Refrigeration & Air Conditioning for more details.
This is also the best way to protect profitability and business reputation because spoilage and damage are avoided.
So, take a proactive approach and schedule routine maintenance for refrigeration equipment.
- Upgrade to the latest equipment
This may seem like a costly practice, but it will prove beneficial in the end.
You see, refrigeration methods and equipment evolve and improve over time. If you’re stuck with the same old commercial refrigeration equipment, you will miss out on the latest innovations that are more energy-efficient, have a cutting-edge system, and comes with advanced features.
The best commercial refrigeration repairs Melbourne companies have to offer can extend the working life of your equipment. But if repairs are happening more frequently, an upgrade will save you more.
To achieve the best results for your food service business, restaurant, or grocery, it is highly recommended that you invest in the latest equipment. This way, you can guarantee the best protection for food items and perishable goods.
- Maintain food safety best practices
Commercial refrigeration companies can provide you with the best equipment and industrial refrigeration services. However, without knowledge of the right temperature or proper food handling, your business is bound to lose profit.
Make sure everyone involved in the business knows the best practices for food safety by heart.
- No food items or perishable goods must sit at room temperature for more than 2 hours.
- No food items or perishable goods must sit at room temperature for more than 1 hour if the temperature is above 32° C.
- Refrigerator temperature must be at or below 4° C.
- Freezer temperature must be -18° C.
- Temperatures must be checked periodically or use appliance thermometers.
- Ready-to-eat foods must be used as soon as possible.
- Stored items must be checked regularly for those that look, smell, or taste spoiled.
- Refrigerator and freezer doors must be kept closed as much as possible during a power outage.
- As soon as power is restored, check refrigerator and freezer temperatures, check the temperature of each package of food, refreeze food that still contains ice or is at 4° C or below.
Find Commercial Refrigeration Melbourne Company
Armed with this knowledge, time to look for a refrigeration industrial refrigeration contractors who has everything you need—refrigeration equipment, services, and repair specialists. Partner with the most dependable for a successful business.